Dmitry ZhdanovAssistant Professor Computer Information Systems
- Doctor of philosophy, University of Minnesota
- Master of business administration, University of Texas at Dallas
- Bachelor of management, Voronezh State University
- Information security and privacy
- Intelligent agents
- Green IT and energy
- Big data analytics
- Economics of IT/IS
- Modeling, simulation and optimization
Dr. Zhdanov combines an active research agenda with passion for program building and student success. He is leading the efforts to expand the role of cybersecurity at GSU via the designation as the NSA/DHS Center of Excellence (pending) and growing faculty core via the Next Generation Program (proposal funded). He is also working on updating the curriculum for the Cybersecurity concentration of the MS IS program and aligning student skills with employer needs – including out-of-class “boot camps.”
Previously at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Zhdanov led the development of the Advanced Business Certificate program in IT Audit, as well as the university-wide minor in Information Assurance. He also coached highly successful Business IT case competition teams as well as won two teaching awards.
Dr. Zhdanov is a respected information security scholar. He co-edited a special issue of Decision Support Systems and co-wrote a MIS Quarterly curation on the subject. He commonly receives editorial and reviewer assignments from leading IS journals and conferences.
- Ram Gopal, Hooman Hidaji, Raymond Patterson, Erik Rolland and Dmitry Zhdanov. “How Much to Share with Third-Parties? Users’ Privacy Concerns and Website’s Dilemma.” MIS Quarterly, accepted August 10, 2016, forthcoming.
- Xin Luo and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Special Issue Introduction: A Comprehensive Perspective on Information Systems Security – Technical Advances and Behavioral Issues,” Decision Support Systems, 2016, vol. 92, pp.1-2.
- Ram Gopal, Hooman Hidaji, Raymond Patterson, Erik Rolland and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Design Improvements for Message Propagation in Malleable Social Networks.” Production and Operations Management, 2016, 25(6), pp. 993-1005.
- Kai-Lung Hui, Anthony Vance and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Securing Digital Assets: Research Curation.” In MIS Quarterly Research Curations, Ashley Bush, ed., May 27, 2016.
- Xue Bai, Ram Gopal, Manuel Nunez and Dmitry Zhdanov. “A Decision Methodology for Managing Operational Efficiency and Information Disclosure Risk in Healthcare Processes.” Decision Support Systems, 2014, 57, pp. 406-416.
- Konstantina Valogianni, Wolfgang Ketter, John Collins and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Effective Management of Electric Vehicle Storage using Smart Charging”, Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-14), July 27–31, 2014 Québec City, Québec, Canada.
- Alok Gupta and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Growth and Sustainability of Managed Security Service Provider Networks: an Economic Perspective.” MIS Quarterly, 2012, 36(4), pp. 1109-1130.
- Xue Bai, Ram Gopal, Manuel Nunez and Dmitry Zhdanov. “On the Prevention of Fraud and Privacy Exposure in Process Information Flow.” INFORMS Journal on Computing, 2012, 24(3), pp. 416-432.
- Ram Gopal, Raymond Patterson, Erik Rolland and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Social Network Meets Sherlock Holmes: Investigating the Missing Links of Fraud.” Computer Fraud and Security, 2012, 7, pp. 12-18.
- Xue Bai, Ram Gopal, Manuel Nunez and Dmitry Zhdanov. “On Managing Information Security Risks for Business Processes.” International Journal of Decision Science, 2010, 1(1), pp. 45-53.
- Gediminas Adomavicius, Alok Gupta and Dmitry Zhdanov. “Designing Intelligent Software Agents for Auctions with Limited Information Feedback.” Information Systems Research, 2009, 20(4), pp. 507-526.