This page is for Digital Criminology minors only. Please read the information below carefully before clicking on the application link at the bottom of the page.
Criminal Justice majors who are required to take CRJU 4935 – Field Placement I should click on the following link to find instructions to apply for CRJU 4935/4940. [https://aysps.gsu.edu/criminal–justice–criminology/criminal–justice–internship–program/] Click on the blue box marked “Apply for Internships” to complete the application.
Minor Requirements (15 Credit Hours)
Students who wish to minor in Digital Criminology must take 15 hours of courses. Students taking more than 15 hours in CRJU courses in the minor may count the additional hours toward their electives or may consider completing a double major. A grade of C– or higher is required for all of the courses.
Required Courses (9 Credit Hours)
- CRJU 4405 – Cybercrime (3 Credit Hours)
- CRJU 4415 – Evidence-Based Cybersecurity (3 Credit Hours)
- CRJU 4996 – Practicum in Evidence-Based Cybersecurity (3 Credit Hours)
Elective Courses (6 Credit Hours)
Choose 6 hours from the following:
- CRJU 3405 – Digital Crime Problem (3 Credit Hours)
- CRJU 3415 – Future Crime (3 Credit Hours)
- CRJU 4425 – Cybercrime Investigations (3 Credit Hours)
- CIS 4000 – Introduction to Computer Forensics (3 Credit Hours)
- CIS 4690 – Information and Information Systems Security Risk Management (3 Credit Hours)
- CSC 4222 – Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (4 Credit Hours)
- CSC 4251 – Computer Forensics (4 Credit Hours)
- ECON 4230 – Experimental Economics (3 Credit Hours)
- ECON 4750 – Introduction to Game Theory (3 Credit Hours)
- ENGL 3255 – Introduction to Digital Humanities (3 Credit Hours)
- LGLS 4060 – Internet Law (3 Credit Hours)
- PHIL 4130 – Philosophy of Science (3 Credit Hours)
Total Semester Hours for Minor: 15 Credit Hours